Sunday, December 5, 2010

My new bike

Yesterday my dad and I went to pick up a new bike.
This one has been on my wishlist for a while, and when I saw this one for sale on the internet, it looked perfect for me, complete with all the right parts.
It was a 180km ride to get it, and we were lucky that on the way there all the roads were clear, but the way home took a bit longer. The view from the passengerseat:



It is a C110 with Swiss paperwork, and because in Switserland you are not allowed to have a passenger, it had an original racing seat. (as seen on ebay for many $$$)
It is unmolested, allmost all original parts with original bolts, so a good place to start a restoration.




I'm not quite sure what I want to do to it, keep it mostly as it is, or change it to more of a CY110 with racing parts, like this bike found on a japanese blog called oldsportsrider
And for tuning purposes I've got an extra engine with the bike, so I can keep it running while building a faster engine.


I must admit, I goes a bit far to buy a bike to use some parts you allready had, but I will be mounting the original breather set on this bike that was in my closet for a long time.

Only need to make the lid for the labyrinth as I don't have that, but a friend has one that I can probably borrow to copy it.

1 comment:

  1. Werd tijd ;) Gaaf ding, al was het alleen al vanwege het zitje. Jaloers !

    ReplyDelete