Wednesday, May 18, 2011

been busy

Late update, as I've been busy with too many bikes and things simultaneously, allmost causing my head to explode at some point, from an overload of information.

The RSC90 had its first event....and a lot of bugs showed themselves needing to be sorted out.
The front forks were too stiff, causing the numberplatebracket to bend en hit the front fender.
The rev counter wouldn't go past 5.000RPM because of vibrations.
Carb settings were way off..
or maybe not, as the camshaft is wrong.

The bike felt really!! strong upto about 5.000RPM but after that, there was almost nothing.
So I borrowed some camshafts from Ralph and my dad started measuring.

After that, a load of graphs to compare, and lucky for me, my dad can read these like a book.

including the original S90 camshaft, we now have data on four different profiles, one cam looks nice for racing use, now I hope Ralph let's me use it......
One of my camshafts would be okay for the 122cc engine I plan on building, if it is possible to rotate the camshaft about 10 degrees, creating different timing.

I plan on riding next sunday with a standard S90 camshaft, maybe I can then get the carb figured out. And test the modifications to the front forks, rev-counter stay and so on.

For those of you who like pictures, this is the RSC in action.
click on the picture to see the album of the photographer.

1 comment:

  1. Sent you a mail regarding tach antivibration montings etc... sent without "subject"

    ReplyDelete